Time & Location
Aug 27, 4:00 PM – Sep 03, 1:00 PM
Mission San Luis Rey, 4050 Mission Ave, Oceanside, CA 92057, USA
About the event
Center for Spiritual Development and Mission San Luis Rey are partnering to create a women’s spiritual retreat. The retreat will be held at Mission San Luis Rey in Oceanside while staff from the Center for Spiritual Development will serve as spiritual directors.
All women are welcome! Vowed religious and lay women who feel called to be in the silence with God are invited to join us for 8 days of quiet and daily spiritual direction. Fr. Michael Guinan, OFM, will preside at daily Mass and music will be provided by Br. Rufino Zaragosa, OFM. Taizé prayer, a reconciliation service, and a healing service are optional activities during the week. The grounds include peaceful walking paths, a swimming pool, a beautiful rose garden, St. Clare Chapel, Stations of the Cross, a labyrinth, and the beautiful sounds of nature.
Who should come?
- Religious and lay women who desire to deepen their faith.
- Women longing for silence and solitude to rest in the arms of God.
- Women who desire spiritual direction.
- Women who are touched by the beauty of creation and the Creator.
Center for Spiritual Development will provide the Spiritual Directors for the retreat. Additional information about the Spiritual Directors available for this retreat will be added in the coming months. After registration you will be able to indicate your first, second, and third choice for Spiritual Director.
- Sr. Christine Hilliard, CSJ
- Sr. Jane DeLisle, CSJ
- Sr. Jeanne Fallon, CSJ
- Sr. Karin Nuernberg, CSJ
Fees and Registration
- Private room with hall bath: $755
- Shared room with hall bath: $655
The registration for this retreat is handled by the Retreat Center of Mission San Luis Rey. You may sign up on their webpage.
For more information, help with registration, or to register over the phone call the Retreat Center at (760) 757-3659 OR email Mercedes Matthews at email@example.com
- Check-in: Sunday, August 27 beginning at 4pm
- Check-out: Sunday, September 3 at 1pm (after lunch)